Stout Alumnus, Spring 1977
The Stout Alumnus newsletter provides information about events and changes in the institution, news about Stout alumni, special programs, and history and news of the Stout Alumni Association. The Association issued the Stout Alumnus until 1966 when the University News Bureau assumed responsibility for the newsletter. Although an Alumni Association at Stout was first organized in 1917, the publication of the first newsletter appears to have begun with the first newsletter, The Stout Institute Alumnus, in March of 1926. From the 1930s to early 1960s, alumni news appeared in the student newspaper, The Stoutonia.
The Stout Alumnus first appeared in the winter of 1966 and continued as a regular quarterly publication until 1988. In the winter of 1968, the dating system was changed so that there are two distinct Winter 1968 and Spring 1969 issues.